The Outlooks auto-complete feature will automatically generate the address of any recipient, whenever you try to send an email message. While after updating your Outlook with the latest version, sometimes you find that your contacts have been missing from the Outlook Address Book, and for this, you need to do one thing, just restore your address book in the Microsoft Outlook.
But before going with the instructions, we highly recommend you to follow the instructions in an exact sequence to avoid any damages and errors.
Steps to Restore Contact Information in Address Book in Outlook
These types of invalid behavior usually occur because Outlook requires you to complete all the steps before you contact information is available. Here are a few steps which can help you in fixing this error, they are as follows:
- Install the Outlook Address Book Service
- Mark the Contact Folder for Use with Address Book
Method-1: Re-Install Outlook Address Book
- Firstly, on the File tab, click on the Account Settings.
- In the ‘Account Settings’ dialogue box, on the ‘Address Books’ tab, click on the ‘New’ tab.
- Next, if your Outlook Address Book is listed, then click on the Close tab, after that instantly navigate to the ‘Mark your contact folder for use with your address book’ section.
- Or, if your Outlook Address Book is not listed, then click on the ‘New’ tab.
- Choose Additional Address Books, and click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- Now, under the Additional Address Books heading, a list of various listed options available. From the available list, choose ‘Outlook Address Book’ and press Enter key.
- Once completed, you will receive a message that says the address book that you added will not start until you click on the ‘Exit menu. Finally, click on the OK, Finish, and at last, click on the Close tab.
- Select the preferred address book and click on the Exit tab.
- Lastly, restart your Microsoft Outlook to use the address book which you recently added.
Method-2: Mark the Contact Folder for Use with Outlook Address Book
- Initially, choose the Contacts folder located in the side menu.
- Then, click on the ‘Folder tab’ in the ribbon.
- Now, click on the ‘Folder Properties’ tab in the ribbon.
- In the ‘Meeting Properties’ window, choose ‘Outlook Address Book’ tab.
- After that, tick marked the ‘Show this folder as an email address book’ box.
- Next, click to enter a Descriptive name, and then click on the OK tab.
Jami Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup | Office.com/setup | McAfee.com/Activate