If you are using Google Chrome for browsing the internet, then you may have come across an error message that says “No data received” or an error code that reads ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. This simply means that there is a bad connection and due to this error you won’t be able to visit the specific website you are trying to reach.
However, this error occurs due to many reasons such as corrupted chrome extensions, bad network connection, cluster of temporary files, browser cache, etc. So below we have discussed the steps to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Google Chrome Error. These steps will help you to fix the error easily and quickly. But before starting the process, we suggest you follow the steps in an ascending order to avoid troubles and errors.visit here for Norton setup: norton.com/setup
Steps to Fix Google Chrome ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error:
Just in case something goes wrong, make sure that you have created a restore point.
Here’s how to fix it:
Method-1: Clear Chrome Browser’s Cache.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Then, click Ctrl + H keys to open history.
- Afterward, select Clear Browsing data from the left pane.
- From amongst the following items listed under ‘Obliterate’, confirm that “beginning of time” is selected.
Checkmark the following from the given list:
- Download history
- Browsing history
- Cached files and images
- Cookies and other plug-in and sire data
- Autofill form data
- Next, click on the Clear browsing data and wait for a few minutes until finished.
- Finally, close the browser and restart your PC.
Once your system is up and running again, open the Chrome browser and check if the error is fixed. If not, then continue with the next method.
Method-2: Reset Winsock and TCP/IP
- On the Windows button, hit the right click and choose “Admin Command prompt.”
- Now once again, open the Admin Command Prompt and type in the below listed commands one by one:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh int IP reset
- netsh Winsock reset
- Click on the Enter key.
- After completing these steps, restart your system for the changes to take effect.
- When the system restarts, the Google Chrome Error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE would have been resolved.
- click here for Norton setup www.norton.com/setup